Operation Christmas Child
Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations worldwide through simple, gift-filled shoe boxes and evangelistic materials that tell the Good News of God's love.
Shoe boxes are collected in November of each year. To participate, follow these steps:
- Select a box. Use an empty shoe box (standard size) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
- Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or girl.
- Fill with gifts! Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child.
- Include a $9 to help cover the cost of shipping and other project costs.
- Drop off. Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop off at the collection center in the church entry by the designated date.
For more information, including gift ideas and labels you can print, see How to Pack a Shoe Box on the Samaritan's Purse website.
Contact Kim Alwin (email@example.com) or the church office with questions or for more details about Operation Christmas Child.